SMCCCF San Mateo Scholarship for Local Government Studies Fund
This scholarship is for a full time, transferring student with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Students must have a major compatible with public administration, public policy or a related field.
Other needs, qualities, characteristics and criteria to take into account.
Students must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Student is enrolled as a full time student at any of the three San Mateo County Community College District colleges.
- Student has selected a major compatible with public administration, public policy or a related field. Qualified applicants must be enrolled in a course of undergraduate studies in a field compatible with a career in local government administration. Examples of potential career paths could include general city management, administrative services, i.e. Finance, IT, Human Resources, political science, public safety management, community planning, public works management or community services, i.e. recreation, library, etc.
- Student has a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- Student has actively participated in community service.
- Prior to receiving scholarship award, student must provide verification of acceptance to a University of California or California State University to continue study toward a bachelor’s degree.
Special consideration will be given to students with demonstrated financial need who have also met the criteria above.
The award recipient may also be offered a service learning experience, e.g. job shadow, internship, etc. with the City of San Mateo after completing coursework at the San Mateo County Community College District as opportunities become available. Award recipients may contact (Matt Bronson, City of San Mateo Assistant City Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 650-522-7003) at the City of San Mateo to check on the availability of such opportunities.